Where do i add structured data markup for my pages?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Azrael,

Do you remember how long it took to have your websites listed with snippets in Google search? I'm asking you this since I injected some codes on my website (www.dichstudio.com) couple of weeks ago and I still have no result...So I'm a bit curious... :)

Cheers.

Edited by kossity19
Initial Revision
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not dumb, I usually put in the body of the website. But I've seen above the header too and that seems ok. If it's things like recipes or reviews, then you'd want to put the code as close to the recipe or review on the page as possible. At that point you'd have to add a code box in squarespace. hopefully that helps!

Thank you! I don't see an option to inject it into the body of the website in SquareSpace, though - unless there's a different place to inject than the Advanced Settings. The options are header, footer, site lock and order confirmation - and then on each individual page.

All I'm trying to inject is Site Navigation Element code (for my own personal website). Thanks again!

• 5 months later...

There are two places that you can use the Structured data.

First you need to tag your site using the Markup Helper.https://www.google.com/webmasters/markup-helper

You can create snippets and inject them as HTML code on the page, but for many this will not be an option. There are some expensive schema apps out there, but you can choose to use the OTHER option in Google Markup Helper. Once you've finished tagging you can choose to use Microdata or JSON-LD.

JSON-LD will produce a code that you can choose to inject sitewide or per page.

Depending on your business, you might only need to inject site wide, or if you have products, you inject it per page.

You can test the structured data of my webpages at https://www.denverlikealocaltours.com/hidden-denver-walking-tour/

• 2 weeks later...

To ensure that markup is recognized by other search engines, you will still have to add structured data to the page code. To simplify this task, use this Google tool - https://www.google.com/webmasters/markup-helper/u/0/?hl=en.Recently I`ve found information about how advanced snippets increase CTR: https://searcheva.org/infographics-increase-ctr-google-advanced-snippets/ . Hope this infographic will be useful!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

If the code is the same for every page then you'd probably want to put the code in Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > HEADER.

Please see per-page code injection.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thank you for this information.  I should've looked it up before posting here.

I've been on every website page and gone into settings/advanced/code injection and added the code then saved and updated on google console.   I've only added it to the header, is that ok?

Now on every page of the website there is a  string of code visible at the top.  How do I hide this please?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

11 minutes ago, CPR001 said:

I've only added it to the header, is that ok?

I can't answer that as I don't know what your goal is.

How do I hide this please?

It sounds like to code is either not installed in the right place or there is a syntax error in the code.

Again we'd need more details on what you are trying to accomplish to know how we might be able to help.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

2 hours ago, CPR001 said:

Maybe I need to delete it?

If it's not working then keeping it around isn't doing any good. As far as the tool you point to it appears to be providing good code.