Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to have Pop-up Text box (like a lightbox) when clicking on Gallery Images

BREN
Go to solution Solved by BREN,

Question

Hey Everyone,

Maybe you can help me figure this out. I'm working on this site: www.vancouver2017.com

I've utilized a lot of code that I have found through this forum - and I'm super happy with how the site has turned out - so thank you! Keep posting your answers and questions because it's incredibly useful. Anyway... I have a question that I haven't found any answers for yet.

On the Speakers page (http://vancouver2017.com/speakers/) about halfway down, I have a gallery of 20 photos of people who will be doing a PechaKucha-style talk at our conference. It was suggested to me that I create a lightbox of their Bio when clicking on the image.

Is there a way to get this done within the gallery block? If not, if there's a way to set up individual image blocks with the same result, I would be open to suggestions there too.

Can anyone help me out with this? Btw, I am using the Pacific Template.Cheers, and thank you!!Brendan

Edited by brendancss
Initial Revision
  • Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

OKAY! I found out how to do what i want to do. Maybe there's an easier way, but my way involved code boxes. So i had to say goodbye to the gallery block... It was a bit repetitive to do it 24 times, b

If those methods don't work you can always try the lightbox anything plugin - check out the reviews. A lot of designers have used this for bio pages.

Posted Images

Hi @brendancss , I love this code, but sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I noticed when it doesn't it wants to add a "#" at the end of the url after I click on the text (that generates the lightbox). It doesn't always add a "#" just sometimes. Any clues on why it does this?

Hi @brendancss

Thank you for the directions - they're still extremely helpful 2 years later! When I follow the steps, I have the same problem as @Sjiron where the link jumps to the top of the page instead of opening a lightbox. The page isn't in an index, so I was wondering if you had any suggestions?

23 hours ago, jillgraycen said:

@andreab 

@AndreaDev, thank you for your posts! By any chance is there a code so that when the image is clicked a lightbox pops up with text only (no image)? Many thanks!

You can use Anything Lightbox Plugin.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:05 AM, jillgraycen said:

Thank you. Will the plugin work on multiple images on a page? I am designing a page with 10+ team members. I need a pop up with bio for each member.

Hi. Yes. It will work.

So I've tried this but when I click on the link it takes me back to the same (bio) page with the same url but a "/#" at the end. Am I doing something wrong here? No lightbox is popping up.

On 1/9/2021 at 12:39 AM, Squishyak said:

So I've tried this but when I click on the link it takes me back to the same (bio) page with the same url but a "/#" at the end. Am I doing something wrong here? No lightbox is popping up.

Can you describe all steps you did? & link to bio page, we can check easier.