Code for floating back to top button

• Replies 12
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @Elevate

Here's a guide we've provided to add a floating back to top button. I hope you find it helpful.

Paul

I post free answers because I want to help fellow Squarespace users - I'm not selling anything. In return please Accept an answer if it is correct. If it didn't help, feel free to ask for more help or wait for others to add their comments.

To everyone! If you find this (or any) answer helpful, please vote it up using the up arrow. This will let other users know that it's worked for others. You'll find some more Squarespace tips on our website.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 weeks later...

Hee Paul, i like the guide, but the final button css- touches arent working. The arrow isnt showing up and the text 'Top' is off-centre.

Ive posted this question on your guide-page twice now but you dont allow my questions to show up nor answer them.

Im using the pacific template and the squarespace-ui-font element /e02d is available.

The code just isnt working...

Thanks for pointing out the issue. In fact the issue was with the anchor link. This has now been corrected on the site. We do welcome feedback and bug reports but the tips are free and provided without warranty, as are all the answers on this forum.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

Hi Paul, this is fantastic and I will buy a coffee. For some reason, when I hover over the adorable little return button, the characters ("TOP" and the rotated>) show up with white underline. I tried removing text decoration and some other CSS stuff I am not proud to report on since I am not really a programmer...more designer hack. Can you help me?Thank you! - Lisa

Hi @Paul2009,

Just curious if you will have an update on how to do this for a template such as basil. I am currently working on a site and would love to add this feature. I tried the steps in your linked tutorial but they did not work, and I think it is safe to assume that is because I am not using one of the templates you described.

Thanks!Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

That's because you added the code line with text to your index page settings as per the instruction. If you want the same text appear on all pages then add the line with your text to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection. In the HEADER section.I did it and it works perfectly

www.afterworkdiy.ru

• 8 months later...

Hi @Paul2009 -

I used this guide and it worked great. But I'm getting an odd hover state that underlines both the text and the arrow. Is there a way to override this? Could it also be separate code applying to this button?

Unrelated to the hover state, this code works when I am logged in and editing my site but when viewed from a separate logged-out browser, no button appears. Thanks for any info.

Archived