copy and paste rows / blocks within a page

Hello - I am using the features layout / template on a page. I would like to add more rows of the block combination (image, header, text) - ie it gives me 3 rows of content, I need 10. Is there a way to copy and paste these rows / blocks so that I don't need to add each piece manually?

• Replies 17
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Is it still impossible to copy and paste "blocks" within a page. I am new here, but this seems such a fundamental thing to be missing...

I am new here. I am trying to develop a simple website on SquareSpace. So far I am finding it pretty darned frustrating.

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't find a feature request option but I contacted support with a link to this page and a screenshot of the repeated requests.

Maybe something will happen.

Why does it feel like this support forum is built in Wordpress though...

I'm not a robot.

• 1 year later...

This is an essential feature that is still missing. I've been using squarespace for 4 years now, and I can't tell you how much time I've wasted doing tedious block duplication. Please add this to the developer task list. Add it to a sprint, do something. Talk to a producer. Get it done!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is insane, I can't duplicate sites and I can't duplicate blocks.

I am developing 5 websites that are identical but only differs in the language and I am doing 5 times every single step since there's no way to duplicate them.

Also, no way to duplicate a block.

How is this possible???

I have sent Squarespace a request and linked to this thread. Let's see what they say...

In the meantime, there is a workaround. It is far from perfect, but it might help some people.

1) Insert a "Code block". As a first step you can leave it with just the default "Hello world".

2) Inspect the existing element (tool available at least in Chrome & Firefox when right-clicking on an element).

3) In the inspector, select the complete block you want to duplicate.

4) Right-click > copy Outer HTML

5) Paste in the Code block you inserted in step 1.

Any further modifications to the new blocks will have to be done by coding though...

This is insane! You can't copy blocks!? I've been a Wix user for many years, and my peers kept telling me to try Squarespace... so I thought let's give this a go. When it wasn't immediately obvious how to copy blocks I was sure it was just me being stupid... but after Googling it, it appears this is a legitimate problem. It just didn't occur to me that a company as large as Squarespace wouldn't have the capability to copy blocks. (I'm sure it's actually very difficult, otherwise they would have implemented it).

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined this week coming from Wix, Webflow, & recently Click Funnels and find it also very shocking that this feature is still missing (looking at the original post)  I am doing a website copy over and it is taking my much longer than it should.  Can we have an answer on when this feature will be added. 

RIDICULOUS!!! My company just moved all of our sites to Squarespace and I was absolutely loving it. When I tried to duplicate a button I assumed I was just missing something obvious, then I found this thread.

So I can't duplicate, copy/paste, option-drag, right-click, nothing, no option to reuse a single element? Really? C'Mon! Thankfully our sites were already nicely built out for us, so not a big problem for me. However I was considering moving all of my other sites here because I'm absolutely done with managing a server and thought this would be better, but I guess I'm still stuck with WordPress. Lame! :(

Must be some major fundamental issue with their platform they they're stuck with and they just can't figure out a workaround? Who knows, but it's a showstopper for me.

I hope they notice how active this thread still is lately. Good luck Devs!

Archived