gallery block descriptions don't display (Adirondack)

I've got a grid gallery block on this page: faberproductions.com/san-francisco-commercial-production, and only the title is displaying under each video. I don't see an option in the gallery block to display the descriptions. Should they automatically be displayed? Automatically not be displayed? I use a bunch of CSS but don't see how anything I'm using could make the descriptions be hidden.

If it is my CSS, does anyone know the right CSS to make descriptions for gallery blocks visible? I could then change what I've got globally to work or inject some CSS into the advanced tab of the page.

Thanks!

Chris

• Replies 1
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chris,

Annoyingly, Squarespace don't currently have a built in option to display descriptions via the Gallery Block and there isn't an easy way to achieve this with CSS that I'm aware of (other helpers please correct me if I'm wrong about this).

However, there is a workaround you can do using a Summary Block that you might want to try.

First you will need to add a Gallery Page (as opposed to a Gallery Block) and Squarespace have a guide for how to do this here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543047-Adding-a-Gallery-Page

Once you've added your videos and given them titles and descriptions, you can then go to the page where you would like them to be displayed and insert a Grid Summary Block using the content insert points (as you would with text or an image).

Select the Gallery Page you have just created as the source and then you can control how the gallery is displayed using the Layout and Display tabs. To show the description, choose "Show Excerpt" in the Display tab.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Katy

Archived