How can I link domain to a specific page?

Go to solution Solved by jgennick,

I know that the Squarespace FAQs say this can't be done, but I thought I'd ask the question - is there any way I can link a second domain to a specific page on my website?

The main domain is linked to the homepage of the website, but I was running a second site which I've now incorporated into my Squarespace site. As people are familiar with the old domain name, I want it to link directly to the new page on the website which I've set up - is this possible at all?

Thanks.

Edited by tynewearsport
Initial Revision
  • Replies 8
  • Views 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Where is the domain registered? Most registrars that I'm familiar with offer an option to forward a domain name to a specific URL. So visitors will type in something like www.oldurl.com, and you can have that url forward to www.newurl.com/somepage. Visitors will see that they have been forwarded to your new site, but that's probably ok. You want them to know the new URL anyway.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Does this work to forward it to a specific page, and not just a specific homepage of another domain?  My 2nd domain is not registered with squarespace, so maybe it's only possible with ones registered with squarespace?   I've updated elbpapercutting.com to forward to birdmafia.com/elb/process, but it still just goes to birdmafia.com.  I'm going to wait a few hours to check it again, in case there's just a delay.

• 9 months later...