Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
tynewearsport

How can I link domain to a specific page?

Question

I know that the Squarespace FAQs say this can't be done, but I thought I'd ask the question - is there any way I can link a second domain to a specific page on my website?

The main domain is linked to the homepage of the website, but I was running a second site which I've now incorporated into my Squarespace site. As people are familiar with the old domain name, I want it to link directly to the new page on the website which I've set up - is this possible at all?

Thanks.

Edited by tynewearsport
Initial Revision

5 answers to this question

Where is the domain registered? Most registrars that I'm familiar with offer an option to forward a domain name to a specific URL. So visitors will type in something like www.oldurl.com, and you can have that url forward to www.newurl.com/somepage. Visitors will see that they have been forwarded to your new site, but that's probably ok. You want them to know the new URL anyway.

I am about to do the same thing – integrate a second site onto a page on my main site. Is this where you were able to forward your second domain to a page on your main domain?

Also, both of my domains are Squarespace domains, if that makes any difference.

alt text

screen-shot-2019-05-05-at-10746-pm.png.416c71743ce9ca02891a72e770ad6d83.png