Can I set my homepage to a different page for mobile only

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

25 minutes ago, scholarsayze said:

Please can you double check I have implemented the code correctly?

It shouldn’t be:

window.location = "/https://www.scholarsayze.com/mobile";

it should be:

window.location = "/mobile";

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 1/19/2021 at 5:07 PM, scholarsayze said:

Thanks very much Paul, apologies for the misunderstanding I'm new to this.

Is there anyway to physically see this switch on my desktop screen? I can see this works now on my mobile but if I resize my desktop browser say to 640px, why can't I see the change in my browser (see attached images)?

Many thanks,

Best,

Faiz

640px.jpg

640px-screen.jpg

After resized to 640px you need to reload your site to code load again.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 year later...

Hi,
I am still struggling to make this work in normal CSS since i have the personal plan. It doesn't seem to work when using this code: 

I wish to have this page, shown when visiting the site on mobile: /https://www.madsdresling.com/mobile_homepage

I hope you can help. 🙂

16 hours ago, Vallis said:

Hi,
I am still struggling to make this work in normal CSS since i have the personal plan. It doesn't seem to work when using this code: 

I wish to have this page, shown when visiting the site on mobile: /https://www.madsdresling.com/mobile_homepage

I hope you can help. 🙂

Personal Plan doesn't support JavaScript code. The only way is set some sections for desktop, some sections for mobile on same page, then give page url, we will give the code to hide some on desktop, hide another on mobile

Or send to forum message

14 hours ago, Vallis said:

Hi Tuanphan, 

I kind solved it with this:
@media (max-width:640px){#desktophomepage2{display:none!important}}

@media (min-width:640px){#mobilehomepage2{display:none!important}}

However, when implementing the code, the page is not aligned as it should be, and is scrollable. 
How do I make this page https://www.madsdresling.com/homepage be like this page:  https://www.madsdresling.com/

I see both pages are the same?

Or send to forum message

On 3/16/2022 at 5:45 PM, Vallis said:

Correct,
However, one of them is an index page where the code above have been injected in CSS, effectively hiding one page from the index page from the desktop user and one from the mobile user. Problem is that the user can scroll on the index page, which I don't want. 

On the page https://www.madsdresling.com/desktophomepage its fixed. 

Ps. Sorry about them being the same, I sendt the wrong link. 

To disable scroll, you can add this code to Index Page Header

<style>
  html, body {overflow:hidden;}
</style>

Or send to forum message

• 3 weeks later...

Hey gang,

Ive been trying to follow along with this code injection. And it seems pretty simple, but I just cant seem to get it to work! I do have code on my site to make a full screen slideshow when you open the page and maybe that is messing something up with this other script. The slideshow doesn't look good on mobile, so ideally I would like to use this technique to send user to a duplicate of this page, but just one with a different gallery that looks better. I am injecting the code in the page settings as instructed above. Can someone help me with this? What am I missing?

url

https://fish-mackerel-y6sc.squarespace.com/adam-meow-design-studio

mobile

https://fish-mackerel-y6sc.squarespace.com/mobile

Below is the code that is currently on my site

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 6.13.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 6.14.17 PM.png

On 4/7/2022 at 8:14 AM, AdamMeow said:

Hey gang,

Ive been trying to follow along with this code injection. And it seems pretty simple, but I just cant seem to get it to work! I do have code on my site to make a full screen slideshow when you open the page and maybe that is messing something up with this other script. The slideshow doesn't look good on mobile, so ideally I would like to use this technique to send user to a duplicate of this page, but just one with a different gallery that looks better. I am injecting the code in the page settings as instructed above. Can someone help me with this? What am I missing?

url

https://fish-mackerel-y6sc.squarespace.com/adam-meow-design-studio

mobile

https://fish-mackerel-y6sc.squarespace.com/mobile

Below is the code that is currently on my site

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 6.13.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 6.14.17 PM.png

Can you paste all code after adding Paul2009 code? I Don't see code in your screenshot

Also you can consider adding 2 sections, then we can give code to show 1 on desktop, show another on mobile

Or send to forum message

56 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Can you paste all code after adding Paul2009 code?

Please don't post actual code as this may infringe copyright.

If you are using someone's code, please post a link to where you found it, rather than posting the actual code.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:14 AM, AdamMeow said:

I've been trying to follow along with this code injection [to show different content on a mobile device] and it seems pretty simple, but I just can't seem to get it to work! 

This thread refers to Squarespace 7.0 and is therefore unlikely to be the best solution for your Squarespace 7.1 site. However, it should work if you:

• Add the code to the Page Header Code Injection
  • Place it in "script" tags
  • Are on a business plan or above.

I looked at the /adam-meow-design-studio page but I couldn't see the script there.

As Tuan mentioned above, a better way to achieve this on Squarespace 7.1 may be to add two sections - one for desktop and one for mobile - and then add Custom CSS to show/hide the respective section according to the width. One benefit is that this can be achieved without script on personal plans. The downside of having two image heavy sections is that both must be loaded, even though one will be hidden. This will potentially slow down the page load time and increase data use for mobile users.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to use this code to redirect my homepage on mobile. It worked initially but when I came back the next day and tried to go to my site on on my phone and it was just infinitely loading. The site works fine on desktop but I'm not sure why it isn't working on mobile. Here is the link: jakesandersworks.com . I have a business plan and copied the exact code into the advanced section of the homepage settings so I'm not sure why it's not working. 

Edited by jakesandersworks
2 hours ago, jakesandersworks said:

but when I came back the next day and tried to go to my site on on my phone and it was just infinitely loading.

I just visited your site on my iPhone and did not experience infinite loading. Could this be an issue of you being logged into the site? Where you logged in on your cell phone?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've followed the instructions to do all of this & have successfully managed to redirect mobile devices to a "/mobile" landing page, with a separate bespoke portrait H264 video link from Vimeo, but the video STILL won't actually play on about 30% of the mobiles I've tried it on. Are there any specifically more reliable video settings/resolution/dimensions that you can recommend to output at to optimise the video to play on as many devices as possible - it really is SO infuriating!

The website is mieville.ca & the link to the portrait video on Vimeo that should be playing is: https://vimeo.com/716807821

Any recommendations/advice very gratefully received. Many thanks in advance,

Julien

• 1 year later...

Hi 

On 4/10/2022 at 3:04 PM, paul2009 said:

This thread refers to Squarespace 7.0 and is therefore unlikely to be the best solution for your Squarespace 7.1 site. However, it should work if you:

• Add the code to the Page Header Code Injection
  • Place it in "script" tags
  • Are on a business plan or above.

I looked at the /adam-meow-design-studio page but I couldn't see the script there.

As Tuan mentioned above, a better way to achieve this on Squarespace 7.1 may be to add two sections - one for desktop and one for mobile - and then add Custom CSS to show/hide the respective section according to the width. One benefit is that this can be achieved without script on personal plans. The downside of having two image heavy sections is that both must be loaded, even though one will be hidden. This will potentially slow down the page load time and increase data use for mobile users.

I'm trying to design two alternate homepages one for desktop and one for mobile on 7.1

Apologies for my ignorance but can you advise me what I would need to make this work

On 7/21/2023 at 5:54 AM, Andrew0502 said:

Hi 

I'm trying to design two alternate homepages one for desktop and one for mobile on 7.1

Apologies for my ignorance but can you advise me what I would need to make this work

You can design 2 pages, then share link to desktop page, we can give code to redirect to mobile page when users on mobile

Or send to forum message