Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
rtsquarespace

How do I embed and display a PDF?

Question

I have searched and tried many options to upload and display and PDF on Squarespace and nothing works for me. I get the part on how to upload the pdf into Squarespace (add a text, link, upload file) and then everyone says the file is in /s/myfile.pdf

Then, I don't know what to do. Some use a code, others CSS but I can't get it right either way.. I don't know code and I'm stuck on how to display it. I don't the link to open a new window with the pdf, or download it. I want to see it on my website

Thank you for your help!

Edited by rtsquarespace
Initial Revision

4 answers to this question

Hy,

Pdf's can't be displayed as regular graphics. if you already have the file uploaded, just create a button, text-link, graphic....then use the link function (clickthrough-url for images, link icon for text) and select the regarding file.+ select OPEN IN A NEW TAB

if that is not what you need, please describe it a bit more detailed with a link to the regarding site

Expert at the Squarspace Marketplace:
https://www.squarespace.com/designer/profile/3649084

Is there a site you've seen that you want to copy?

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked 4 - 6 weeks in advance for jobs longer than 2 hours.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Date Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension are now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.