How do I embed and display a PDF?

I have searched and tried many options to upload and display and PDF on Squarespace and nothing works for me. I get the part on how to upload the pdf into Squarespace (add a text, link, upload file) and then everyone says the file is in /s/myfile.pdf

Then, I don't know what to do. Some use a code, others CSS but I can't get it right either way.. I don't know code and I'm stuck on how to display it. I don't the link to open a new window with the pdf, or download it. I want to see it on my website

Thank you for your help!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hy,

Pdf's can't be displayed as regular graphics. if you already have the file uploaded, just create a button, text-link, graphic....then use the link function (clickthrough-url for images, link icon for text) and select the regarding file.+ select OPEN IN A NEW TAB

if that is not what you need, please describe it a bit more detailed with a link to the regarding site

About Armin:
Squarespace Expert Profile: https://www.squarespace.com/designer/profile/3649084
Leaders Lodge: See my Profile

Is there a site you've seen that you want to copy?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 years later...

Archived