Five template: Google map embed with multiple locations

Hi thereI have a site that requires a map with multiple drop pins.I have used the Google maps iframe embed with one drop pin rather than using the APIIs it possible to create multiple dropped pins on this saved map without having to use the api?https://emma-fawcett-7vda.squarespace.com/contact

Any help appreciated

• Replies 10
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, actually there is no posibility to make multiple markers map on Squarespace. You need to use google maps API for that. So you may continue use embed maps or if you are on developer account:

1. Make custom collection for comfort using/adding new locations. You may use gallery or blog collection as base. All them have Location tab while editing - use it for your markers location
  2. Group it in index collection if needed
  3. Looping each item in your custom location.list you may will markers array
  4. Use GMaps API and you markers to build mapYou may get smth like :exmpl1alt text

col1.jpg.03a46b4f8afe0aa846d2d19745dd244e.jpg

col2.jpg.045fae230f688e9a5bf1dfd5a560082e.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For your purposes, I would recommend you to try out Google Maps widget by Elfsight: https://elfsight.com/google-maps-widget/.

You can create as many markers as you want for your map, change the style of every icon and add one of the three animation types. At the same setup page, you can add description, picture and basic info (address, site, phone number, email and working hours) for each location.

In the picture below you can see the example with Silver color scheme (I think this color will look especially good on your site).

alt text

Hope, it helps!

If you have any questions, I’m here to answer.

map-silver.png.12e497df2a90afaf008e18584b8ae3ed.png

• 2 years later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:07 PM, ocpl said:

HI there I am also looking for the ! any of these plugins still work on 7.1 ? Can we import all locations in the map or one by one ? Can we cluster the locations ? Thank you

Try above Advanced Map Block plugin.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived