How do you make a read more button for a text ?

When I put a text or paragraph in my website I want visitors to have a read more option so when they click they are redirected to the paragraph which contains the whole information . Can I do that with squarespace ?

• Replies 5
  • Views 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do. But if you place the whole paragraph in its own page under the "Not Linked" section, you can then create a link, perhaps with the words "Read More" in the short snippet that links to the page with the larger paragraph. When you create the link, you would use the "Content" tab in the link dialogue box.

An alternative: if you create your information as a blog, the "read more" option is built in.

• 4 weeks later...

Choose the design column and select custom CSS. After this, input the following CSS code. This will add the read more button to your content or blog./*** READ MORE LINK - ***/

.entry-more-link {width: 100%;height: auto;padding: 0px;background-color: #fff;border: 1px solid #222;font-family: "Montserrat", "Open Sans", sans-serif;font-size: 14px;line-height: 2.75em;font-weight: normal;font-style: normal;text-transform: uppercase !important;letter-spacing: 2px;text-align: center;text-decoration: none;cursor: pointer;outline: none;-webkit-appearance: none;-moz-appearance: none;appearance: none;display: block;margin-top: 25px;}

.entry-more-link:hover {border: 1px solid #ffd000;}

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived