How to keep logo from moving down page in Skye?

• Replies 18
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you thank you thank you. This feature has been the bane of my existence while trying to configure my blog on the Skye template. I wrote to Squarespace to complain and they told me that this was a standard feature on Skye and there was no way to disable it. It was bothering me so much.

Thanks again.

Thank you thank you thank you. This feature has been the bane of my existence while trying to configure my blog on the Skye template. I wrote to Squarespace to complain and they told me that this was a standard feature on Skye and there was no way to disable it. It was bothering me so much.

Thanks again.

Admittedly, I didn't like that it first either. I am using Tudor so it is the same. If you lock it with the code above that also means a reader will have to scroll back up for the menu button. So that's not good either.

I added a white background to my header which works well for my site because my logo has transparency and my site backdround is white. I changed the opacity so that you could see through it it just enough to see the the text is scrolling behind it. I think made it much better.

Here's the CSS for that. ` #headerAnnouncementWrapper { background-color:#ffffff; opacity: 0.9; }

• 3 weeks later...

So I noticed something kind of cool while playing around with a desired solution that was mentioned above.

I was trying to get it so my custom "logo" stayed at the top of the page and the navigation button and the social media icons continued to roll with the page. In trying to accomplish this, on the left had side of my screen I have my custom CSS code box open. On the right had side of the screen I have the the code showing from "inspecting it". This cased the following to happen to my page:

• The logo stayed up top.
  • The nav bar button, the search button, and the social media icons moved to the bottom of the page in a sort of "locked bar".

^This looks perfect and is something I would love to try to implement. See the image for what this bottom locked bar looks like:alt text

bottom-bar.png.8b3635a4de9742a5fe49d93ffec57ee4.png

Thanks for the clarification @octopus! I am still playing around with the options listed above in my layout and what you provided is really helpful.

I have seen other threads where people will piggyback on a previous question or solution, so I apologize if this is frowned upon.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived