How to create dropdown menu with two sub categories?

The menu we’ll be creating features two sub categories that appear once the parent link is activated by a hover. The first series of sub-links appear underneath main nav bar, then the second series of links fly out horizontally from the first dropdown. How can i do it?

• Replies 3
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe what you're asking for is nested folders (where a folder is the link present in the navigation bar and the pages are linked to, so they drop down) and as far as I know, it's not supported.

I'm moving my site over (slowly!) from SS5 and this wasn't supported then, and it's not been added as a new feature in SS7.

I've had a hunt for code and I don't think there are easy solutions, either. If someone knows better I'll be glad to be proven wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

yes I want to do this too, but there is no option for sub menus off the folder drop down menus. I found this: http://cssmenumaker.com/blog/flat-dropdown-menu-tutorial, for giving a submenu off the demo example but I want my drop down menus to look exactly like the FIVE template drop down, just with sub menus as well. I can't seem to figure out how to do that, so I've asked Squarespace for their code. They probably won't give it to me, but we'll see.

Archived