scroll to a page in an index via a button

• Replies 6
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First create all the pages you want in the index page.

Then, on the index page, at the place where you want the button to be, insert a Button Block.

In the Edit Button dialog, click on "Clickthrough URL". Select the Content tab. In the list of pages, scroll down until you see the particular page that you want the button to link to and select it. Save everything.

This will produce a standard Squarespace button with the target page title as the button text.

I'm a retired attorney who was asked by a friend to build a website. In a prior lifetime, in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago, I was a computer systems analyst / programmer. I'm a novice autodidact in CSS, JavaScript and HTML learning in part by example.. I've asked questions on this forum and been lucky enough to have others help me, so I'm inclined to answer any question I can. Pay it forward.

@alxfyv is correct. After looking at your links, it looks like you will need to set the "Clickthrough URL" up like this:

/indexname#pagename

So an example of this for you would look something like:

/media#gaming-section

/media#filmsz-section

And so on.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived