Best template for a news based website?

Go to solution Solved by Chris_SQSP,

Very new to this sort of thing. What's the best template for a news + articles + feature based website. Have no idea how to bring recent articles as links in the homepage for example. Whatculture and bleacher report are examples of the sort of site I would want.

Edited by Guest
  • Solution

All templates have regular Pages and Text Blocks, which it sounds like will be your two main building blocks in creating your site. For news and updates, you may also consider using a Blog Page as you can create a new post each day, which will then display in chronological order with the most recent post/update at the top.

See here for more information on using a Blog Page.

A couple of templates that may interest you are Om or Five.

To add external links to recent articles, you can either create a Navigation Link or a text link within the page content.

• 4 years later...

I am also interested in this - I am looking to have a single page where I can post focused and curated news articles for a specific audience. What I am really looking for is to post links in a grid format and they auto-generate a preview similar to how LinkedIN or Facebook does when you copy a link into a new post. Any suggestions here?

See example attached.... 

Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 5.56.21 PM.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/3/2022 at 1:30 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

This is a good Squaresapce template for a news based site, if I was not using Avenue I would use this one, actually I am thinking about building a site and switching over to it:

https://skye-demo.squarespace.com/

I just checked this template, also the best, is amazing how SQS just is missing all this cool features for blogging, the version 7.1 of skye is aweful! Actually I can 't select the Skye, I work a lot with huge media and definetely SQS is not yet the best option, I will go back to Wordpress for this profiles of web sites.