Bedford: Blog Banner-Thumbnail remove title

After adding a Thumbnail to a blog using the Bedford Blog template, the thumbnail shows up as a banner with the title of my blog in the middle of the thumbnail.I really don't mind the thumbnail as the banner but I need for the title to NOT be displayed right on the thumbnail. It could be above or below but if i want a thumbnail with something else written on it, the title gets in the way.Please help me with a solution, I have searched all through out and am not finding the right code.

I've tried this code .banner-thumbnail-wrapper { display:none; } Which this removes all banners throughout my site. Not what I wanted.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOR THOSE JUST TRYING TO REMOVE THE DATE

Use this to remove the date on the Blog Banner and retain the title

.blog-item-wrapper .post-date

To remove both, try using

.post-description

If you type in the first code in Squarespace, there is another forum user that fixed the issue (answer is embedded in his answer). Hope this helps!

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Moosh is right, in order to hide the Date on your blog post banners, you'll use the selects they he has provided. But to take it one step further, you will place this code within your Blog Page Page Header Code Injection, and it should look like this:

<style>
  .blog-item-wrapper .post-date {
   display: none;
 }

</style>

A guide on where to place code within your Squarespace site is here for your reference:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815928-Adding-custom-HTML-CSS-and-JavaScript

Archived