Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
jessewaugh

Is anybody using Sentry on the Squarespace site for membership features?

Question

3 answers to this question

I've seen this being thrown around as a solution to create a membership site. The only thing I wanted to mention here is that it's worth noting that Sentry will NEVER truly lock your content down because all content put into a Squarespace website is public in nature. There is no secured content. It's likely that non-technical users will never know the difference, so it really depends on the audience. That being said, in my opinion Tinypass.com is cool solution too.

• 🚀Founder at Squarefront, the global community of Squarespace builders.
  • 🎥Documenting the process of building Squarefront on YouTube.
  • 🚗Senior Design Engineer, Design Platform at Uber.
  • 🍕Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin.
  • Need help with Squarespace? I've used the platform for well over 10 years and have helped thousands of businesses, both small and large. Send me an email!

Thanks @jasonbarone - That lack of security you mentioned would probably not affect my subscriptions detrimentally, but it would be better to have a properly secure native Squarespace membership section. (And a native forum option wouldn't be bad either).

Edited by JesseWaugh

I agree. At Squarefront.com, this was a major feature I needed so I started building my own system that puts content into an external database where it has to be authenticated to access. Not an easy solution to implement though.

• 🚀Founder at Squarefront, the global community of Squarespace builders.
  • 🎥Documenting the process of building Squarefront on YouTube.
  • 🚗Senior Design Engineer, Design Platform at Uber.
  • 🍕Connect with me on Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin.
  • Need help with Squarespace? I've used the platform for well over 10 years and have helped thousands of businesses, both small and large. Send me an email!