Changing an image block to another image on hover or rollover?

After some trial and error I figured it out. You'll need to copy and paste the script for as many images you want the mouseover effect for. In each script you'll also need to define the target image space as something unique from the others. For example, for the first image you use "targetIMG". For the second image differentiate it from the first by calling it something like "targetIMG2". You can call it whatever you want. If you don't do this you'll only change the rollover image for the first defined mouseover space. Hope this helps!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Bernard,

I have the same question jlnelson. I'm trying to get a hover from one image to another so I can do a before and after affect with my retouching. I found this html script pasted below, but I can't seem to get it to work. I end up with this result: http://www.elopro.com/before-and-after-rollover/

Perhaps you have a CSS solution that might work?

html code: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/521bb1e2e4b0b9fc4088a091/t/554128a3e4b0dfaffe62609c/1430333603172/Rollovers_SquarespaceHack.pdf

Not sure why it didn't work, but I am all ears to suggestions.

Thank you!

• 3 months later...

Hi Bernard, Is there a code that exist for images only? i am referring to your mention of a "CSS hover selector".I am using the Jasper template and would like to swap the image for another one on rollover on my homepage, keeping the title (and changing it to white) — but one step at a time — the image swap on rollover first would make me very happy!Thank you!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived