Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
jacauschi23

How do I insert an image using html code?

Question

I need to insert an image for a text-dropdown effect using html code, but how can I do that? Is there somewhere that I can upload and store images for use on my site?.....because that's the only way to do it since the image needs a source. But I can't seem to find a file storage feature on squarespace.

Please help!

Edited by fnemen

1 answer to this question

Select Design > Custom CSS > Manage Custom Files. There you can upload an image. SQSP generates a url for that file.

To get the url, place the insertion point in the bottom line of the Custom CSS text box as if you were going to insert CSS code. Click on the file name and SQSP will insert the url into the CSS text box at the insertion point. From there, cut and paste the url into the src= attribute.

I'm a retired attorney who was asked by a friend to build a website. In a prior lifetime, in a galaxy far, far away and long, long ago, I was a computer systems analyst / programmer. I'm a novice autodidact in CSS, JavaScript and HTML learning in part by example.. I've asked questions on this forum and been lucky enough to have others help me, so I'm inclined to answer any question I can. Pay it forward.