Embedding Facebook video on blog pages?

• Replies 12
  • Views 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Click on the Facebook video you want to embed, then click on the 'Options' menu button located on the bottom right below the video. From there, click 'Embed Video' and copy the code string provided.

Now, in Squarespace, create a new post and add a 'Markdown' block. Paste the code in to the input window and Publish.

• 5 months later...

Hi! I have asked a similar question before but still cant figure it out. So, from my understanding Facebook is free to add videos to, don't have video ads directly attached to the video, and also displays good quality videos depending on how they are loaded...any ideas..this is correct, right? So why can't I embed a video to a main video page or embed a Facebook video anywhere onto my website? I keep having issues. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi, there is a simple solution to this problem that I just found out.

Instead of trying to add Video to the page, use the option Embed.Use the code block and paste the embedded url given from facebook.Save and preview in safe mode.

Once you do that you will be able to see the videos plus their images as well in developer mode.

Hi @Vladimirski et all.

I am having the same issues. I am trying to embed a facebook video:

The embed video code on Facebook, from this page is does not work and just says 'url is not embeddable'. I would have thought that either the link, from embed or from adding a video should work, but if not the embed code would. Can anyone take a look and help me work out why please? I cant just paste the embed code as it does actually then embed some text below, ironically!

I was trying to do the same thing and I figured it out. Instead of adding an "embed" area, you need to add a "code" area and paste the embed video code in there. https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542397-Adding-videos-to-your-Squarespace-site#toc-my-video-host-isn-t-supported-by-squarespace

Now I'm trying to figure out how to do this with image posts, but turn them into a grid or resize the embedded posts. Any thoughts?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have STILL not figured this one out... i have tried adding an Embedded block, a Markdown block, a Video block...all of them to no avail! If someone can maybe add IMAGES to their response maybe i'll be able to figure it out!!

On 8/27/2020 at 4:29 AM, HOAM said:

I have STILL not figured this one out... i have tried adding an Embedded block, a Markdown block, a Video block...all of them to no avail! If someone can maybe add IMAGES to their response maybe i'll be able to figure it out!!

Which code did you add?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived