Go to solution Solved by sssupers,

I've seen a handful of answers on this question. Here are two:

For background color add this:
.eventcal .eventcal-content-wrapper { background: #000000; }

For day number color add this:
.eventcal .eventcal-daynumber { color: #e7d073; }

Try adding this CSS to your custom CSS:
.eventcal .eventcal-today { background: red; color: black !important }

My problem: Those don’t work with me. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

I added these to the Custom CSS, but it doesn’t work. I tried different colors, but nothing works. The calendars colors stay the same as the original. What am I missing? I’m not in developer mode, can this be it?

Edited by dnissan
Tidy

Hello! I'm a web designer at Piila Web Design. Check us out - http://www.piila.ca, our website will be live end of Summer 2016. This Squarespace Answers account was made a while ago using my personal email address. My business address is davidnissan@piila.ca. Send me an email to either one - let's chat. What makes us different is our ridiculously low prices compared to the big wigs, while at the same time providing high-quality content. We're super honest about what we can offer and what we're charging you for, so you know exactly what to expect and where your dollar is going towards. We also provide small, piecemeal solutions. For example, if you just want that one customization on your website, it could cost as little as just 10 bucks. Nice. Cheers!

Anyone? Any ideas?

Hello! I'm a web designer at Piila Web Design. Check us out - http://www.piila.ca, our website will be live end of Summer 2016. This Squarespace Answers account was made a while ago using my personal email address. My business address is davidnissan@piila.ca. Send me an email to either one - let's chat. What makes us different is our ridiculously low prices compared to the big wigs, while at the same time providing high-quality content. We're super honest about what we can offer and what we're charging you for, so you know exactly what to expect and where your dollar is going towards. We also provide small, piecemeal solutions. For example, if you just want that one customization on your website, it could cost as little as just 10 bucks. Nice. Cheers!

Alright, so, no solutions here! Perfect. lol

Chances are those are not the right selectors for the calendar on your specific template, as they can be different depending on what template you're using. What's the url of your website?

Oh, the selectors not being the correct ones. Didn't think of that. The template I'm using is Bedford.

www.p2sk.ca is the site.

Thanks for the reply!

• 2 weeks later...

Any answers? If I'm not using the correct selectors, where could I find that information for the template I'm using (Bradford)?

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this, because really, I can't be the only one wondering how to do this

• 8 months later...
  • Solution

I did this with Aviator - maybe it helps.

.yui3-squarespacecalendar .yui3-calendar-pane { padding: 12px; background: #f5f5f5 !important; }

.yui3-squarespacecalendar .today{ color: #ff3333 !important; }

.yui3-squarespacecalendar .compact-layout .yui3-calendar-day.has-event{ background: #e7d073 !important; }

.yui3-squarespacecalendar .compact-layout .yui3-calendar-day.has-event, .yui3-squarespacecalendar  { color: #222 !important; }     

*sss

alt text

1634774572_ezgif.com-gif-maker(12).gif.3836570d51f5ebc97283d974ac23db3b.gifHi, I'm sssupers.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a question about this code. So after breaking it down I came up with this code below, but I want to change the color of the background and text of the calendar ON HOVER. As you can see in my photo below, when my mouse is on hover the background is grey and the text is white. It's really hard to see. What code can I add to target those two areas.

CODE I USED FOR THIS IMAGE:

//background color//
.yui3-squarespacecalendar .yui3-calendar-pane { padding-top: 10px;  padding-bottom: 10px; background: white !important;
  filter: opacity(80%);
  border: 0px solid #ffffff;
}

//today calendar color//

//event date colors//
.yui3-squarespacecalendar .compact-layout .yui3-calendar-day.has-event{ background: #171828 !important; 
}

///change all date text color//
td.has-event * {
    color: white !important;
}

//calendar dates and border square//
.yui3-squarespacecalendar .compact-layout .yui3-calendar-day.has-event, .yui3-squarespacecalendar  { color: #000000 !important; }     

// Calendar Month Year Styling //
.yui3-calendar-header-label {
  font-size:16px;
  color:#E2AC3F;
  letter-spacing:0.2em;
  }

Calendar.png

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2020 at 11:22 PM, Nondys said:

I have a question about this code. So after breaking it down I came up with this code below, but I want to change the color of the background and text of the calendar ON HOVER. As you can see in my photo below, when my mouse is on hover the background is grey and the text is white. It's really hard to see. What code can I add to target those two areas.

CODE I USED FOR THIS IMAGE:

//background color//
.yui3-squarespacecalendar .yui3-calendar-pane { padding-top: 10px;  padding-bottom: 10px; background: white !important;
  filter: opacity(80%);
  border: 0px solid #ffffff;
}

//today calendar color//

//event date colors//
.yui3-squarespacecalendar .compact-layout .yui3-calendar-day.has-event{ background: #171828 !important; 
}

///change all date text color//
td.has-event * {
    color: white !important;
}

//calendar dates and border square//
.yui3-squarespacecalendar .compact-layout .yui3-calendar-day.has-event, .yui3-squarespacecalendar  { color: #000000 !important; }     

// Calendar Month Year Styling //
.yui3-calendar-header-label {
  font-size:16px;
  color:#E2AC3F;
  letter-spacing:0.2em;
  }

Calendar.png

were you able to find out how to change the colors? i also would like to change it