How do you do custom CSS on cover pages?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@brinash1

I wrote a tutorial about this in my blogpost How to edit cover page CSS on Squarespace

It has a video you should be able to follow pretty easily. Get in touch if you get stuck!

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!

• 4 weeks later...

Beyond scripts and HTML, Cover Pages have very intentional designs and aren't built for adding custom CSS. To adjust the style of your Cover Page (like fonts and colors), use the Style panel.

If you still need to add HTML or scripts, use the Code Injection panel. From your Cover Page Menu, click Settings, then click Code Injection. Add your code to the Header box.

• 1 year later...

^^ @voxpopagency Thank you, your video was awesome at explaining how to go about changing the CSS.

Literally, all I had to do is inspect the CSS of the 'navigation ul li a section' and copy paste its element.style description and copy paste it into the style tag in the advanced settings of the cover page.

Thank you!!

• 11 months later...

Archived