Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
brinash1

How do you do custom CSS on cover pages?

Question

I'm currently in Screenwriter and I want to make the text area wider so it's filling up more of the screen, but when I try to insert any CSS it doesn't take affect. Can someone help me with what CSS code I may need to put in and guide me where?

Thank you

Edited by brinash1

4 answers to this question

Beyond scripts and HTML, Cover Pages have very intentional designs and aren't built for adding custom CSS. To adjust the style of your Cover Page (like fonts and colors), use the Style panel.

If you still need to add HTML or scripts, use the Code Injection panel. From your Cover Page Menu, click Settings, then click Code Injection. Add your code to the Header box.

@brinash1

I wrote a tutorial about this in my blogpost How to edit cover page CSS on Squarespace

It has a video you should be able to follow pretty easily. Get in touch if you get stuck!

Edited by voxpopagency
Initial Revision

Vox Pop - Pro Squarespace designers & Developers

We're the best of the best 💕
Custom code, strategy, analytics, design and CSS edits. 

Get in touch via voxpopagency.com

^^ @voxpopagency Thank you, your video was awesome at explaining how to go about changing the CSS.

Literally, all I had to do is inspect the CSS of the 'navigation ul li a section' and copy paste its element.style description and copy paste it into the style tag in the advanced settings of the cover page.

Thank you!!