How to Change the "Page Content" Block Size/Width?

I want my content block to be as wide as the pretty images that go up to 1980x1020 px. I injected this sugestion to my Custom CSS.

page { width: 100%; max-width: 1980px; }

Sort of worked with PACIFIC Template. I mean sort of because width changed the moment I pasred the code. But immediately the page refreshed and we're back to a 790px wide page content block.

Thanks in advance.

[uPDATE] I noticed the injection works permanently while editing... I mean, the content block while editing is 1980px wide. I want that for my final result. As soon as I go out from editing and preview my web, then I see it shrink back again.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Views 36.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

For a normal page on the Pacific template, this is the code to widen the Page Content area underneath the Banner Image:

#content {
 width: 1000px !important;
}

Use that in the custom CSS section of your site, of course edit the 1000px value to your preference.

For full width, replace 1000px with 100% :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've tried dropping in all of these codes and nothing is working in pacific template. Do I need to add style brackets before the code? I keep trying dozens of CSS style in the Settings>CSS section and nothing is changing.

I've tried dropping in all of these codes and nothing is working in pacific template. Do I need to add style brackets before the code? I keep trying dozens of CSS style in the Settings>CSS section and nothing is changing.

• 7 months later...

When I put that CSS Code in either the main "code injection" area (under advanced) or directly within the advanced settings tab on the page I want it, I get a bright blue border at the top of the page with the code in it, and absolutely nothing changes on the page otherwise. So frustrated right now....

• 6 months later...

Same thing happens to me. I put code into page settings > advanced > page header code injection. This is what I paste into that box:

#page { max-width: 100%; margin: 0; padding: 0; }

It doesn't do anything except appear in a tiny thin black line at the top of the actual website when i visit my own website. Please help. I have zero CSS knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived