Display image descriptions under images in GRID gallery block?

Hi all,

does anyone know how to get image descriptions to display underneath images in a grid gallery block?

I found CSS that allows you to display image titles underneath each image but descriptions have much more flexibility than titles in how you can edit them and I need that flexibility. Here is the CSS and a short video on how to use it for anyone wondering and what it looks like. It works well but it is made to display titles.

A simple modification might make it reference descriptions in the gallery block instead of the titles but I am unsure how to specifically do it. Or maybe something different all together.

#block-yui_3_17_2_37_1419048882075_5861 .sqs-gallery-block-grid .slide .margin-wrapper .image-slide-title { display: block; }"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LownrrdrBS4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Views 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I found an answer for this last week but my question was specific to the image Title, not the Description. Here's my modified code:

.sqs-gallery-block-grid .slide .margin-wrapper .image-slide-title { display: block; font-size: 20px; line-height: 23px; padding-top: 5px;}

I suspect if you find the proper class for the description that's being used for your template then something similar should work for you.

Marketing Manager for Panther Industries, Inc. Manufacturing labeling systems is our core business. It is not a means for us to simply sell more labels, ribbons, service or parts. Many people say it, but check our references. We are customer driven and we promise 100% satisfaction! That means we aren’t satisfied until you are satisfied. We offer 24/7/364 phone support at NO CHARGE. When you call our service department, you will get a live person who is knowledgeable in the service and repair of everything we manufacture.

thanks for your answers ,,I already had the code for titles, but really can't find any way to show descriptions . . . I don't want to use summary blocks, as my pictures on this page are linked to other pages...Anyway I think I will drop the idea and just show titles !

Another question, do you know how to show titles under images, in a gallery page slideshow?

Thanks again!

• 9 months later...

Archived