Michelle1570047878

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@SallyMack The issue is that you've got large padding on the page section which is causing the big gap of white-space. Is that the issue you're referring to?

#page-body-wrapper { padding-top: 20px; } You can add that to your custom CSS and that will apply the change across the entire site. 

Posted Images

14 answers to this question

I added the code in the Design > Custom CSS, but it is not working?
I do not know much about coding, so I might be doing some basically wrong, but I wouldn't know.

22 hours ago, Iben said:

I added the code in the Design > Custom CSS, but it is not working?
I do not know much about coding, so I might be doing some basically wrong, but I wouldn't know.

Can you share link to your site?

17 minutes ago, ryandejaegher said:

@SallyMack

The issue is that you've got large padding on the page section which is causing the big gap of white-space. Is that the issue you're referring to?
image.thumb.png.00cd6060463358f08e3849c8b8563559.png

Yes, I believe that must be it! However, I cannot find where to edit the padding... Do I need to edit this in the custom CSS?

5 minutes ago, ryandejaegher said:

Yes you'd need add custom CSS. Is that page the only one you're having an issue with?

I guess the padding could be reduced on every page after looking through everything, but definitely at least on this one page! Whichever is easier, honestly, not sure if it makes a difference. 

4 minutes ago, ryandejaegher said:

#page-body-wrapper {
	padding-top: 20px;
}

You can add that to your custom CSS and that will apply the change across the entire site. 

Great! That seems to reduce the padding below the header image. Is there a way I can reduce the padding between the menu navigation and the header image?

3 minutes ago, SallyMack said:

Great! That seems to reduce the padding below the header image. Is there a way I can reduce the padding between the menu navigation and the header image?

The issue here is coming from the number of links and the social icons. If you think of those things as 3 separate blocks (logo, links, and social icons). They're stacking on top of each other which is pushing things down the page. 

You could reduce the number of links in the menu which may keep it from running onto another line. Or you can use some custom CSS to style the menu differently. But with the number of links it does clutter things up a bit.
image.thumb.png.da54b96d6408d3dd32e189cc02d8ee44.png

Philadelphia, PA

👉 Squarespace Tutorials 

Chat/Message on FB Messenger for quickest responsehttps://m.me/dejaegherryan