Advanced Search
Michelle1570047878

Five: Hide header content block?

Question

15 answers to this question

This worked for me in the code injection for individual pages:

#page-body-header { display: none; }

Edited by dmzelman

You need to insert the code into your Custom CSS. If the code is visible on your site then you must be inserting it into "Code Header Injection" - do not do that. Insert here instead: Design > Custom CSS

I added the code in the Design > Custom CSS, but it is not working?
I do not know much about coding, so I might be doing some basically wrong, but I wouldn't know.

I've also tried adding this code to my site, but I also can't seem to get the block completely removed. On my "Shop" page, there still exists the empty block between the menu and the "Welcome to Sally Mack". Can anyone suggest something else to try, or perhaps what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 1.20.46 PM.png

17 minutes ago, ryandejaegher said:

@SallyMack

The issue is that you've got large padding on the page section which is causing the big gap of white-space. Is that the issue you're referring to?
image.thumb.png.00cd6060463358f08e3849c8b8563559.png

Yes, I believe that must be it! However, I cannot find where to edit the padding... Do I need to edit this in the custom CSS?

6 minutes ago, SallyMack said:

Yes, I believe that must be it! However, I cannot find where to edit the padding... Do I need to edit this in the custom CSS?

Yes you'd need add custom CSS. Is that page the only one you're having an issue with?

Philadelphia, PA

Available for hire

Beyond Copy/Paste: Learn CSS for Squarespace Workshop

Chat/Message on FB Messenger for quickest responsehttps://m.me/dejaegherryan

5 minutes ago, ryandejaegher said:

Yes you'd need add custom CSS. Is that page the only one you're having an issue with?

I guess the padding could be reduced on every page after looking through everything, but definitely at least on this one page! Whichever is easier, honestly, not sure if it makes a difference. 

4 minutes ago, ryandejaegher said:

#page-body-wrapper {
	padding-top: 20px;
}

You can add that to your custom CSS and that will apply the change across the entire site. 

Great! That seems to reduce the padding below the header image. Is there a way I can reduce the padding between the menu navigation and the header image?

3 minutes ago, SallyMack said:

Great! That seems to reduce the padding below the header image. Is there a way I can reduce the padding between the menu navigation and the header image?

The issue here is coming from the number of links and the social icons. If you think of those things as 3 separate blocks (logo, links, and social icons). They're stacking on top of each other which is pushing things down the page. 

You could reduce the number of links in the menu which may keep it from running onto another line. Or you can use some custom CSS to style the menu differently. But with the number of links it does clutter things up a bit.
image.thumb.png.da54b96d6408d3dd32e189cc02d8ee44.png

Philadelphia, PA

Available for hire

Beyond Copy/Paste: Learn CSS for Squarespace Workshop

Chat/Message on FB Messenger for quickest responsehttps://m.me/dejaegherryan