Multi currency acceptance

• Replies 4
  • Views 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, eZeeBags said:

Is there a way we can show price in USD on select pages. Both can run thru the same payment gateway as our PG can handle any currency. 

Can you provide some context by sharing the domain name of the site? I ask because the Squarespace Payment Gateway does not "handle any currency" and so I'd like to understand the configuration.

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Thank you Paul. Here is a random page https://ezeebags.squarespace.com/cotton-min-tote-bag-cpt-218-v1

The site essentially is a international B2B site for lead generation. However we plan to run special promotions where the pages will be store pages. We are working on adding a store in the same domain for the Indian market with currency Indian Rupee. This entails some pages in INR and some in USD. Is there an extension of any custom code that will help us achieve this. TIA.

1 hour ago, eZeeBags said:

We are working on adding a store in the same domain for the Indian market with currency Indian Rupee. This entails some pages in INR and some in USD.

I am not sure that I fully understand what you'd like to do, so I'll try to answer in two ways.

If you want to allow customers to be able to checkout in INR and checkout in USD, you'll need two separate Squarespace websites because each site can only have one fixed checkout currency setting. Having two websites will allow you to have one site configured for INR and one for USD. 

If you want to allow customers to see prices in INR and USD, but always checkout in USD then you can use a currency converter (like Currencies) to display store page prices in different currencies. That said, the link you have provided is for a layout page (not a Store page) and so it doesn't have any pricing metadata that can be converted - it's just text.

I am not sure whether this information helps. Do post back if I haven't answered your question 🙂

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Thank you Paul. Its clear. I need to have 2 sites for 2 different currencies. Yes. Most of the pages in the present site are not store pages. We are working on this and collecting info before hand. I truly appreciate your inputs. We own both eZeeBags.com and eZeeBags.in. So for India specific site we can use eZeeBags.in.  To avoid confusion with emails ( ending with .in or .com ) we are still looking for a work around. Keep only 1 site, Indian Rupees and for USD when they click Add to Cart take them to a different domain only for payment purpose. Is there such a thing? Not sure.  We are concerned about cost & workload on 2 sites. 

Thank you once again Paul