[Solved] Email forwarding rules not accessible after domain transfer from Google

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

In the past few weeks, all of my domains have been migrated from Google to Squarespace. These domains had email forwarding rules -- the limit through Google Domains was 100 and I had either that many or close to that on all of them.

This is on me -- I assumed those rules would transfer over along with DNS and MX records and the like. They did not. When I go to manage that through Squarespace I am told that I cannot because the MX records point somewhere else (to Google, presumably). I can no longer access the email forwarding setup through Google Domains because the domain has been transferred to Squarespace. I can't even request support from Google Domains. 

Squarespace support, after several days of feeling like I'm talking to generative AI that only has two scripted responses, finally said there's nothing they can do. 

I can't be the only person in this boat -- does anyone know how I can possibly get my email forwarding list? I'm happy to manually re-enter them but I need to be able to see them first... 

UPDATE

I did send Google a support request, where their autoreply said I need to contact Squarespace. However, I replied to that and explained EXACTLY what I needed, that this data was not transferred over and can they please please provide it to me... AND THEY DID. They emailed me a list of all my email forwarding settings for all my domains. 

If anyone is in the same situation, you absolutely can get Google to provide this!

Edited by sterlingphoenix
Solved!

Hello, you are not alone. Same issue to all that had domains in Google and now our "friends" of Squarespace do nothing to solve this. I have tried login from incognito mode from a different web browser, log out and log in in the same minute and even clear all the "config" placed after the migration from Google. Now I'm able to add aliases from 2 of my 3 domains hosted in Squarespace. And yes, seems like the support of Squarespace does not matter what happen to his customers. We are alone here. Very sad for a "world class" service.

• sterlingphoenix changed the title to [Solved] Email forwarding rules not accessible after domain transfer from Google
6 hours ago, Ubuntoscar said:

Hello, you are not alone. 

Hi there, in case you don't see the update I just made, I did get Google to provide me the list! I had to ask a bunch of times and explain exactly what I needed, and say pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top, but I got there in the end!