How to get the Grid: Strips view from Gallery pages, but on Portfolio pages instead.

Hello. 

I am trying to migrate to 7.1 from an old 7.0 site, with a new redesign. The pages that seem best for how I want to organize my site (photography) are the Portfolio pages, using the Grid: Overlay setting. However, the format of these individual thumbnails isn't working well for me. 90% of my images are in a 4:5 vertical ratio, a few are square, a few are 5:4 horizontals and a few are 2:3 horizontals. The closest layout setting I can find is 3:4 vertical and as a result everything is cropped. As I'm a photographer, to have this arbitrary crop is infuriating. 

Looking at the Gallery pages instead, I really like the staggered, full cell thumbnails that are possible with the Grid:Strips view. Is there any way to get a similar effect on the Portfolio thumbnail pages? 

In the forums I came across one 3 line CSS script that did something close, however the result is very unlike the Gallery Grid Strips view in that it merely keeps the same over all cell size, and puts a white box around the images to get the appropriate ratios. This shows the whole picture, but really throws off the design in that some images end up large and some end up much smaller on the grid view. 

Barring this is there a way to organize gallery pages to match the functionality/navigation and clickthrough to indivual images that Portfolio pages offers? 

Thank you! 

• Replies 1
  • Views 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic