SEO Require for Renting Accommodation?

Is it helps increase the visibility of your rental property online?. I am not sure that SEO is essential for renting accommodation. I read by optimizing my  website with relevant keywords, I can attract more potential renters who are searching for these terms. Can anyone rid me out of it by helping me.

Hi @Fortuna0 - happy to help!

Here's a few tips that should help:

1. Build a document which details info about your target customers/website visitors - what pain points and goals do they have, and what solutions do they look for?
  2. Use the above info to inform your keyword research; keywords are just search terms your target customers search for - here's a tutorial of how I find them: 
  3. When you find your target keywords, it's then about optimising the web page you want to rank for a specific keyword. I.e. you need to communicate to Google you want to rank for that keyword. To do this, you need to complete the relevant SEO settings/info in Squarespace, such as:
    1. SEO title: This is the blue linked text that shows up on search engines - make it 50-60 characters and include the keyword.
    2. SEO description: This is the short paragraph below the blue linked text that shows up on search engines - make it 150-160 characters and include the keyword.
  4. Connect Google Search Console: Google Search Console is Google's native platform, where you tell it you're ready to display on search engines - I have a tutorial for this here: https://www.seospace.co/blog/squarespace-website-not-showing-up-on-google

I understand the above was a lot of info! But feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

20 hours ago, SEOSpace_Henry said:

Google Search Console is Google's native platform, where you tell it you're ready to display on search engines

Hi there! Just to clarify for beginners. Google Search Console is indeed a native Google platform, but it is not a switch to "tell Google you're ready to display on search engines." Instead, it is a diagnostic tool that helps you understand and optimize your site's visibility in Google search. It provides info on indexing status, search traffic, technical issues, and allows you to submit a sitemap and individual URLs for crawling.

Using GSC is not required for a site to appear in Google search results, nor does using it guarantee that a site will be included in search results. 

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014