Cannot transfer ownership of the domain

Sort of how the title explains it. I have a client that recently had a change in business structure and some ownership and they are trying to give "ownership" to the correct email account that is associated with each business. We have followed the steps here

Here's our steps we did today that did not work....

1. logged in as current owner and started a brand new trial site
2. added payment information but did not sign up for a subscription (this is what their doc says to do)
3. moved the domain over to the new trial site
4. invited the new potential owner and they accepted
5. transferred ownership

This resulted in the new account becoming the owner of the trial site but not becoming the owner of the domain. They also did not get any permissions to the domain itself at all even though they are the current owner of the site itself.

Anyone had to do this recently and figured out how to go about it?

Did I help you? Buy me a coffee!

👨‍💻 Bergen Design Co.

💻  I'm for hire on Upwork!

🕸️ Squarespace Experts  

🖥️ 99Designs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for answers as well. 

I need to change the ownership of a domain, but there is no way to do so. I was able to change the domain owner's name, but even though the ownership information has been changed, the new owner cannot update the billing information. They can only administer a domain. 

Even if the owner has another Squarespace account, there is no way to do so. I was trying to get online help, but I was not lucky; it says that many people are looking to chat with the support team.