Drop Down Menu to Display Categories (From Shop option)

Hello Members,

Seeking your help with the following - version 7.1:

1. Is there a way to have a drop down menu to display the categories? Is there a way or code for this?
    • Note: the 'Gowns' page has been built from the shop page to display images/ video
  2. Within the category section - is there a way to add a description at the top of the page (below the breadcrumbs)?
  3. In the mobile view - is it possible to re-orientate the breadcrumbs (for the categories) on the top to be a dropdown instead? Currently you have to scroll to the right

Thanks in advance

Edited by Chris_R
add version and website
  • Replies 3
  • Views 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1. You mean Header Menu Dropdown or which menu? If Header, you can use Folder, then you can add a Link item >> Enter category link url

#2. Yes. We can do this with some lines of CSS code, you can share link to 2 category pages + provide description, I can give you an example CSS, and you can repeat for other categories.

#3. Can you provide a screenshot?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Thanks @tuanphan ...details below:

#1. You mean Header Menu Dropdown or which menu? If Header, you can use Folder, then you can add a Link item >> Enter category link url

* Can I make the 'SHOP' functionality with categories into a dropdown menu?

image.thumb.png.b9a6cd0d7871ebb1fae9f2f6eae37ddd.png

#2. Yes. We can do this with some lines of CSS code, you can share link to 2 category pages + provide description, I can give you an example CSS, and you can repeat for other categories.

Question: Will this code also work in mobile view?

Example 1: https://helenrodrigues.com.au/designers/elie-saab-bridal

Description for Example 1: Exclusive Elie Saab Bridal gowns available in Australia

image.thumb.png.507469a0d4b5181cd3981de35aabe099.png

Example 2: https://helenrodrigues.com.au/designers/monique-lhuillier

Description for Example 2: Monique Lhuillier available exclusively in Australia at Helen Rodrigues Bridal.

#3. Can you provide a screenshot?

Screenshot below:

image.thumb.png.b93df2954689e5644519ae19b68db463.png

Thank you

Edited by Chris_R
name
On 6/11/2024 at 11:11 AM, Chris_R said:

Is there a way to have a drop down menu to display the categories?

Please see this similar thread to see if it helps: Create drop down menu for store product categories

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance