Website showing Privacy Error

I have a domain name hosted by VentraIP with a website created in Squarespace, and everything had been working fine for over a year but, about a week ago, I noticed that my website wasn't displaying.

Squarespace Support wasn't available, so I went through the troubleshooting steps and discovered that the A records for Squarespace had changed.

I made the update to the DNS console on VentraIP, waited a few minutes, and the website started showing again, as per normal.

The issue, however, is that now when the website is accessed via HTTPs, it comes up with a 'Privacy Error' and button to return 'Back to safety'.

I tried contacting Squarespace support again regarding this issue, and was advised that I needed to wait 72 hours for the domain to propagate (even though I could already see that it had), but they were so insistent that was the solution, that I had no other option but to wait. It has now been over 72 hours since that support request, and a week since the A records were updated, but my website is still showing the error.

I have a friend with the exact same setup as mine (re: VentraIP and Squarespace), yet their website works correctly and is displaying as secure. I had a look at the SSL for their website compared to mine, and CN was different, which I'm wondering could be the problem.

I have attached the screenshots of both SSLs to compare.

My website is https://lmhpsychology.com.au

My friend's website is https://motherbloom.com.au

Any ideas on how to repair this while waiting for Squarespace Support to come back online?

01.png

02A.png

03.png

04.png

1 hour ago, LMHPsychology said:

I went through the troubleshooting steps and discovered that the A records for Squarespace had changed. I made the update to the DNS console...however...now when the website is accessed via HTTPs, it comes up with a 'Privacy Error' and button to return 'Back to safety'.

This can happen when your site doesn't have a valid SSL certificate.

The latest certificate would not have been generated automatically when the IP addresses were wrong but as you've now corrected these and already waited 72 hours, it sounds like the certificate generation process needs a little help to get it to try again. You may be able to do this by disabling and re-enabling SSL (Settings > Developer Tools > SSL), or by contacting Customer Support and asking them for help.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

16 hours ago, paul2009 said:

This can happen when your site doesn't have a valid SSL certificate.

The latest certificate would not have been generated automatically when the IP addresses were wrong but as you've now corrected these and already waited 72 hours, it sounds like the certificate generation process needs a little help to get it to try again. You may be able to do this by disabling and re-enabling SSL (Settings > Developer Tools > SSL), or by contacting Customer Support and asking them for help.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Already tried both of your suggestions and still no website, and no response from support.