Customising Form Error Message & Style

Hello, 

Is it possible to customise the error message on a form? I would like to be able to change what the text actually says, and also the style, so it sits within my form fields. 

Attached is how the default error message looks, vs how I'd like it to look, if possible. 

My site: 
https://mcshane.squarespace.com/
password: bandit

Is it possible? Many thanks 🙂

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 9.34.28 pm.png

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 9.38.24 pm.png

Further to the above, I've managed to now style the error messages how I want them to appear. 

However is there a way to change the actual wording?

I saw this as a solution in a few posts: 
https://www.silvabokis.com/squarespace-tips-archive/dynamic-translation-of-squarespace-form-error-messages

However when I add it to Code Injection --> Footer - nothing seems to update? Am i missing something obvious here?

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 5.58.42 pm.png

However when I add it to Code Injection --> Footer - nothing seems to update? Am i missing something obvious here?

Since 2015 when that article/code was written there have been several changes to forms. The biggest change was the Internationalization update. This update made creating custom code for forms more difficult.

I know of no code for modern form blocks (as of this date) that would replicate what the code you found would do.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.