Large gaps between two sections of the website

Hi guys,

I have the following problem:

On some of my subpages - not limited to the one I'm presenting now - I have an extreme amount of extra space between two sections. I don't know what is causing this. I have the same problem on my smartphone, only on a smaller scale. The div class "content-wrapper" is responsible for the space.

However, I don't have a custom code block on the section and I haven't installed custom code via the page settings. To rule out this potential cause. I have installed custom code on other sections of the page, but in my opinion it cannot be responsible for this.

Page URL: https://deinkikompass.de/midjourney-prompt-generator

I would be very grateful for any ideas and help.

Thank you,
Jannik

Section-padding-editor.png

Section-padding.png

• Replies 5
  • Views 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @jannikbln, click Edit Section, turn off Fill Screen. This will allow you to have full height of the grid within the section. 

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Website Developer
e: melody@melodylee.tech

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)

1 hour ago, jannikbln said:

Hi @melody495, thanks for your reply. I did that already. Unfortunately, no change regarding the gap. 

It looks fine on my screen (on my laptop screen currently), what screen size are you editing this on?

Seems like the HTML block is not playing nice? That section seems to be text-based, you might find using a section with the Classic Editor works better for you.

image.thumb.png.e3cf656165725b288b653e92ac420616.png

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain.

Posted (edited)

Yes, on my laptop screen it looks fine too. 

On my 27'' inch screen, the gap is huge and on my phone there is also a bigger gap than there should be. That surprises me too.

Edit: On my laptop screen (13'') I have the same problem, two sections further down. But maybe this is due to the three code blocks (with adverts)...?

Edited by jannikbln
6 hours ago, jannikbln said:

On my 27'' inch screen, the gap is huge and on my phone there is also a bigger gap than there should be. That surprises me too.

Edit: On my laptop screen (13'') I have the same problem, two sections further down. But maybe this is due to the three code blocks (with adverts)...?

I would suggest switching those sections to using the Classic Editor if possible. That seems to behave better when you don't really need the functionality of Fluid Engine.

Code block might be causing some of the issues, I would need to check. But with the section in my screenshot, that uses HTML code block, for that I would definitely recommend using the Classic Editor section. It should work better. Let me know how it goes.

If the Classic Editor doesn't help, then could manipulate the grid with CSS.