Custom CSS is Leaving a Random Search Icon in My Header

Go to solution Solved by Lesum,

Hi! I'm doing a content refresh on our website, and have noticed that the custom CSS our original designer used is leaving a random, non-functioning, search icon in our header. I'm interested in just removing it. I'm not seeing anything mentioning the search function in the code, and I fear it's a baked-in element to a template that was used. So I guess my question is what are my options?

1. Do any of you happen to know of a line of code that would remove or hide it for the short term?

2. Where would I even begin finding a new header template and installing it? That feels like a much heavier lift than I know how to do.

I'd love your recommendations or guidance. Bonus points for sharing some easy-to-follow instructions.

I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Views 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

@TeriOP Hi! To remove the search icon, you can add this code under Website > Pages > Website Tools > Custom CSS.

#header .header-nav-item:nth-child(6) a::before {
    content: '' !important;
}

There's no direct method to add a template exclusively for the header. However, you can modify the header's design by navigating to Edit > Edit Site Header > Edit Design.

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?