Creating and Using Custom Mockups for Portfolio

Hi there,

Looking for some good suggestions/advice. I need to create mockups of my online portfolio. The most difficult is several mockups of trifold brochures with CUSTOM dimension sizes (most mockup generators or PS mockups will not customize the size). I also need to mockup other print work of different sizes, presentations, logos, packaging, and websites for both individual pages and case studies for clients. Any ideas would be most appreciated. What is everyone using to create good custom mockups?  Does anyone use Flipbooks? Mockup generators? 3D rendering?  My brochures and other print work are created in Illustrator. Presentations> Keynote. I have Adobe Create Cloud, Envato Elements (premium), and Freepik (premium). Way back in time, I used Boxshot 4 to mock up my custom trifold brochure.  Thank you.

• Replies 1
  • Views 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. Regarding mockups in Photoshop, I have used smart-object mockups before; but it doesn't seem very easy to change the dimensions of smart-object mockups. Using a square brochure design doesn't cut it as my dimensions for each panel are 8 x 7 in. (open size: 24" w x 7") The file was created in Illustrator, and I see a lot of tutorials using the mockup tool, but just with packaging, apparel, etc.  Adobe couldn't tell me how to do it.

I used Flip HTML years ago when working in Wordpress / Elementor.  Are Squarespace users putting flipbooks in their portfolios or other areas? I haven't seen any.  There are many flipbook options out there. If one could do a flipbook and 'flip a tri-fold' that would be great.

So the other issue is cost. Upgrading and getting subscriptions to Boxshot 5, subscriptions to flipbooks, and mockup generators. I can't do them all. I've looked at so many different options, I can't remember which one is what. 

Curious to see how everyone else is mocking up designs for a graphic design portfolio with different types of projects ... print, and packaging.