Keep videos from pausing.

Posted (edited)

Hi

I have several portfolio pages containing embedded looping and autoplaying Vimeo videos. 
Everything works perfectly. But on these pages, i do also have a banner video. Which only plays when pressed. 
The issue i recently noticed is all the other autoplaying videos on the page stop/pause when i play the banner video. The page needs a refresh to start playing the videos again 😕

Here´s a direct link to one of those pages https://www.kyka.fo/en/work/tdc-erhverv. (pass: Thisisapassword)

Is there anything i could add to the embed code of the vimeo videos, that might force them to keep playing? or what can be done to keep the videos playing, no matter what?

Kind regards
BM

Edited by Bardurm

Hi @Bardurm
I can check code in header.

<script src="/s/SpinningText.js"></script>
<script src="/s/rolltext.js">

Please remove code and add after following code. After making changes message me if its doesnt solve issue.

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js">

With over 450+ websites built, I create uniquely tailored Squarespace sites designed to meet your specific needs and preferences. Let's bring your vision to life!

💻 Check out My Fiverr Gig: Click Here

-------------------------------------------

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!
Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2024 at 4:38 PM, karan said:

Hi @Bardurm
I can check code in header.

<script src="/s/SpinningText.js"></script>
<script src="/s/rolltext.js">

Please remove code and add after following code. After making changes message me if its doesnt solve issue.

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js">

Hi @karan

I tried this - but no luck. 😔

Any other idea?

Thanks 

On 6/14/2024 at 7:37 PM, Bardurm said:

Hi @karan

I tried this - but no luck. 😔

Any other idea?

Thanks 

Message me here so you can share login details or invite me on squarespace so I can solve your issue.

With over 450+ websites built, I create uniquely tailored Squarespace sites designed to meet your specific needs and preferences. Let's bring your vision to life!

💻 Check out My Fiverr Gig: Click Here

-------------------------------------------

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!
Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

On 6/3/2024 at 8:12 PM, Bardurm said:

Hi

I have several portfolio pages containing embedded looping and autoplaying Vimeo videos. 
Everything works perfectly. But on these pages, i do also have a banner video. Which only plays when pressed. 
The issue i recently noticed is all the other autoplaying videos on the page stop/pause when i play the banner video. The page needs a refresh to start playing the videos again 😕

Here´s a direct link to one of those pages https://www.kyka.fo/en/work/tdc-erhverv. (pass: Thisisapassword)

Is there anything i could add to the embed code of the vimeo videos, that might force them to keep playing? or what can be done to keep the videos playing, no matter what?

Kind regards
BM

Since both of the video are Vimeo, only on3 video can be played as a time, you can consider using Video blocks for the embed video so they can be played together

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!