Squarespace issue with nameserver connections failing and reverting to DNS connections

I used the "connect with nameserver" option to connect my Squarespace site to a GoDaddy domain. It was clear there was an error because I did not have access to the DNS records to add MX records for my client's email. I reached out to Squarespace support and was informed, "We’re currently investigating an issue with nameserver connections failing and reverting to DNS connections —thanks for reporting this to us. Our Engineering teams are prioritizing a fix for this as we speak. For now, you can log in with your domain provider and switch back to their standard nameservers."

The problem is that I cannot switch back to the GoDaddy standard nameservers because the authorization code to do so goes to a domain specific email that is connected to the domain that is not functioning.

I have been on the phone with tech support for GoDaddy and back and forth with email with Squarespace. Neither one has been able to fix this error and in the meantime, my client has no website and no emails.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to escalate this issue to either Squarespace or GoDaddy's tech support in a way they would actually help?

Additional troubleshooting notes:

• I added an alternate verification # (client's cell) in GoDaddy but there is a wait period for this
  • I added myself as delegate access in GoDaddy but there is a 7 day lock out period bc the verification code has been requested 5 times in the past 7 days.
  • I requested Squarespace support add the MX records manually on their end and they said they can't

If anyone can provide direction/support here I would really appreciate it.

• Replies 1
  • Views 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the domain name?

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance