Phone Number Validation Squarespace

Hey Guys, 

I am getting a lot of leads with fake phone numbers - would you know the best way to ensure that the phone numbers input on the  site are correct? Just trying to minimize the number of fake entries.

• Replies 2
  • Views 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure there's much you can do about this. Are you getting genuine leads (correct name/email etc) that simply put a fake phone number because they don't want to share it?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

• 4 weeks later...

When I first set up my site, I had the same problem. What worked for me was using a validation method that checks if the number follows the correct format for US phone numbers. You can easily do this with some code tweaks or using a form plugin that offers this feature. Another approach is to use CAPTCHA or reCAPTCHA to ensure the form is filled out by a real person. As for those usa temp number, they can be tricky since they often don't verify against standard validation rules. If you're seeing a pattern with those, maybe consider blocking known temporary number ranges.

Edited by Festiviare