Please help me understand squarespaces’s cookie banner

Hi everyone,

I’m new to circle and based in the UK 

I'm seeking some advice on GDPR compliance for the websites I design using Squarespace. Specifically, I'm wondering if the default cookie banner provided by Squarespace is fully compliant with UK GDPR requirements.

On the sites I design, I ensure that there are clear options for users to opt in and opt out of cookies. However, I'm currently facing a challenge:

1. I want to be able to collect site analytics, but Squarespace doesn't seem to have a built-in option for users to manage their cookie preferences beyond the initial consent.

2. If users opt in through the default banner, does that make it compliant for me to activate analytics tracking?

3. How can I ensure full compliance without using third-party cookie management solutions, considering I don’t have any monthly retainer income to afford such tools?

ps. just a note one site uses Aquity scheduling 

Additionally, if I do need to use a third-party option, are any of the free solutions any good? My sites typically have very low page views and are generally basic brochure sites, so I’m looking for something that can meet my needs without incurring significant costs.

I'm hoping someone could help me navigate this minefield and provide guidance on achieving full GDPR compliance using Squarespace’s native features. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Replies 1
  • Views 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic