Does anyone know who to implement a search function e.g a certain type of wine on a wine site - like a pinot noir, Sav B, rose etc....

Hello, I might have potential Wine website to design and the client wants users to be able to search for certain wine varieties on their site then accompany the details and images to go with them - is it possible have search function in the Squarespace template or is it custom code?!

Cheers,

Angie😁

This site has it but only filtering in one dimension. 

https://company-place.com/

I'm Colin Irwin aka silvabokis.  I've been a Squarespace designer & developer since 2013. 
I remember when it was all wild prairies round these here parts. 🐃🤠
Advice I give on here is free, though I may sometimes post an affiliate link or promote something I've written.
That reminds me.. ..you might want to check out my
Squarespace template finder or have a look at my other Squarespace tips
Speaking of tips, 💲I've got a tip jar that you're welcome to throw a few quid into if you think I've helped you. 
If you're looking for a Squarespace developer 
Book a chat or Drop me a line - first meeting is always free  

That's just how it's configured in that instance. 

Search is an option. 

It's 10pm where I am. I'll set up an example tomorrow morning with search enabled so you can evaluate. 

I'm Colin Irwin aka silvabokis.  I've been a Squarespace designer & developer since 2013. 
Advice I give on here is free, though I may sometimes post an affiliate link or promote something I've written.
Speaking of tips, 💲I've got a tip jar that you're welcome to throw a few quid into if you think I've helped you. 

Posted (edited)

I just knocked up a couple of demos. 

NB. The search function looks inside the titles AND the post content. Try searching for 'citrus', 'berries', or 'spacecadet' to see it filtering within blog posts.

I created some  dummy, wine-related blog posts using ChatGPT and imported them into my Squarespace site so you can see some content in vaguely the same ballpark as what you might use with your client. 

It took me about an hour to put the above demos together, a lot of which was taken creating and importing the dummy data. 

Edited by colin.irwin

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Colin - Ive just had a very very quick look at this - looks great!!

So If I wanted to use this search function in a website I'd just contact you and you'd provide a price etc ?!? Are you always available also if any issues arise or something breaks etc.....- is it a plugin or code?!?

How would I implement this design feature in a website if I were to proceed.... or would I just DM you 🙂 

Hi -

You could probably do the basic install yourself but I'd be happy to do it for you. 

Plugin/code are kind of interoperable terms when it comes to third party Squaresapace enhancements. 

The same company authors both plugins and they provide support via a Slack group. I'm also available to help, of course. 

Hit me up by DM and we can talk things through in more detail. 

Col