How do I change the size of my product description font so it is smaller?

Go to solution Solved by inside_the_square,

The font size of my product description in my shop has changed without me editing anything. I've tried to change it back by going to assign styles and changing the font sizes of each section but when I change the size nothing happens at all. I can change the title of the product, but not the description. It is in the 'simple' layout. Thanks for your help!  

• Replies 6
  • Views 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Uh oh - that's not good! 😬 I'd love to help you with some code but I am wondering if something else is overwriting the site style menu, and I think we should double check that first. Can you share a link to your site? If it isn't public yet, you can set it to password protected under settings > site availability. 

🤓 Creator of InsideTheSquare.co
✨ SQUARESPACE CIRCLE LEADER✨ SQUARESPACE EXPERT ✨ SQUARESPACE EMPLOYEE EDUCATOR ✨ CERTIFIED CUSTOM CODE EXPERT ✨

🗺️ New to Squarespace? Get your free roadmap: insidethesquare.co/roadmap
🙋‍♀️ New to CSS? Learn the basics for free: insidethesquare.co/learn
⭐️ Ready to go pro? Get my custom code collection: insidethesquare.co/css

BeccaHarpain.gif.236d6ddd88c7d637645b762799f501a8.gif

• Solution

That is so strange - it's definitely gigantic, but there is no code issue here, so the team at SQSP must be tinkering with products in the back end of the CSS 😉 I'd recommend updating it with your own CSS. Here is a code you can use to make it smaller; adjust the PX value as you see fit. You'll want to paste this in your custom code under Website > Pages > Website Tools > Custom CSS. Add it as a new line under the code that is already tehre. 

.ProductItem-details-excerpt-below-price *{
font-size: 15px!important
}

P.S. BEAUTIFUL WORK!! Your artwork is stunning 😍

✨ SQUARESPACE CIRCLE LEADER✨ SQUARESPACE EXPERT ✨ SQUARESPACE EMPLOYEE EDUCATOR ✨ CERTIFIED CUSTOM CODE EXPERT ✨

Yay - glad that did the trick! And absolutely - how can I help? 🙂 

I would love to change 'SOLD' on my products to a circle shaped sold badge that goes over the top right corner of the product on the main product page showing all my paintings.

I would love the badge to be the dark red colour used on my website palette with white upper case letters saying 'sold'. I have attached a photo of another website so you can see what I mean about the badge but i'd love it to be over the corner.

Is this possible? I used to have it on my last squarespace template but when I upgraded I lost the function.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2024-05-24 at 20.24.23.png