My Sales Require Communication With Customer Before They Order

I sell food items (charcuterie boards) that must be created same day as delivery and remain temperature controlled (cold) until hand delivered.  I have put in delivery and pick up options and require date and time window before ordering.  My issue is needing to confirm with customer that I am available and able to create and deliver their product on their requested date/time.  I would rather them not purchase and pay and then have to refund them if I communicate with them after payment and can not deliver. 

I would like customers to choose their product and options on website but then contact me to confirm prior to checking out and paying.  I do not see any option to do this beyond putting a note on each item (which is too fine print) that says please contact me to confirm before placing order??

Also, can I temporarily turn off payment/ordering while on vacation and my shop is closed but still allow my website to be public.  I don't want customers to try to access website and not find it.  I would like them to still see products but not be able to order.  Same as above essentially.  They may be ordering for future date when I am not on vacation but must contact me to confirm prior to ordering.

• Replies 3
  • Views 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of the first issue, I'm not sure if I can help without seeing the site. But the second issue, you can just go into the inventory on the shop settings and set all stock to 0 so they can't purchase but they can still see the products