Custom CSS for Buttons

Hey everyone,

I'm transferring a website to the 7.1  version and the button codes aren't working property. Everything looks okay until I hover over them, and then you can't read the text because it's not white. It's just the background color of the button when you hover.

Does anyone know how to code this so the text appears white when you hover?

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 9.20.01 AM.png

• Replies 2
  • Views 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, KatyRose said:

I'm transferring a website to the 7.1  version and the button codes aren't working property. Everything looks okay until I hover over them, and then you can't read the text because it's not white.

Unless you've used Custom CSS to override the button colours, you should be able to set the button colours in the Site Styles panel. See Styling buttons and let us know if you have any questions 🙂.

If you have used Custom CSS, we'll need you to share a link to the page so we can see the issue.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Sorry Paul I should have been more clear. It's a custom button. I've uploaded a video to show how it works. 

It is transparent with a dark blue outline. And when you hover over it, the button then turns dark blue and the font should be white. 

I see a few custom codes for this in the website's CSS, but not sure how to edit them so the font will appear white.

It did on the old version of squarespace, but I just migrated to 7.1 today and the code isn't working as expected.

Thank you in advance!