Jump to content

Can't view physical product list - "Something went wrong. There was a problem loading this service" error message

Go to solution Solved by Linda921,

Recommended Posts

My site has been up and running for about two years.  I have about 300 physical products on it.  Yesterday, I added another new product without any problems or errors.  Came back to add more and I'm receiving an error message.  If on the back end, I go to "Selling --> Products", I receive a message that says "Something went wrong.  There was a problem loading this service." with an "OKAY" button.  Pressing "OKAY" makes the error go away, but there is no product listing.  I only have physical products. 

However, I am able to see and edit all of the products by going to "Website --> Pages," then browsing to the category.  All of the products are properly listed and I can edit them all, including the last one set up.  That leads me to think it's not a product data issue but something else.

I originally thought it might be a squarespace service issue, but it's been over 24 hours and I haven't seen anybody else post about it.  Not sure where to go from here and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

CommerceError.jpg

Link to comment
  • Replies 3
  • Views 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do to help with backend issues. Please Contact Customer Support.

SS reported a spike in 500 errors at Apr 29, 12:46 EDT and they are investigating. Not sure if that could be the cause of your issue.

One go to thing you can try that is relatively easy to do on your end. Restart all your devices, computers and hubs/routers.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I wanted to reach back with my solution in case it helps others.  I went back through the products that were created just before the problem started.  One of them was created by copying from another item and the URL that was auto-assigned was a crazy-long string.  Normally, we manually change it upon item creation, but this one just got missed.  After spotting it and correcting the URL, the error disappeared.

Hope this helps someone.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.