Rel="canonical" URL

Hi, 

I've been having issues with incorrect pages in sitemaps reported by one SEO tool and it's been an on-going issue. The site is seqrcontact.com and there are about 7 pages which has wrong canonical tag. For example: 

image.thumb.png.f509e16cf06b18835d52aa517520a346.png

This was the response from said SEO tool - Basically, I need to change the rel='canonical' href= to its primary URL /products/featured instead of the /products. 

I have a correspondence with a SquareSpace agent and unfortunately, said agent told me this cannot be fixed. I am not quite experienced with SquareSpace but I have tons of experience on WordPress and this is not a common issues - usually I can solve it almost immediately. 

The thing is I wanted to solve this error because the SEO tool (SEMrush) we are using right now aren't getting any read off from our site traffic (both organic and paid) but Google Analytics and Ahrefs are reading our data just fine. However due to the different calculations of SEMrush, our SEO data is going down (Domain Authority and Keywords) but our links are increasing. 

Previous months I am getting a read of 404 broken links (home page and several pages in our website) almost 3 times on repeat and I am concerned there must be something in SquareSpace that's bugging down our site but IDK what it is. That lead me to this sitemap incorrect issue - if it's incorrect, then indexing might be off and leading to couple of issues surrounding our data. 

I am pretty sure our links are legit since we are very careful our links; legit, clean - except for our regular blog posting. 

But what's really bugging me is the incorrect pages (Sitemaps) I'm thinking if I'm able to solve this then maybe I can correct the indexing (Google Console) - and get SEMrush to correct itself too. 

Does anyone have any suggestion? Tips? how can I edit this page? 

• Replies 0
  • Views 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images