Photo printing and fullfilment service with Squarespace

I would like to ask the community about selling photographs through Squarespace, and I would appreciate anybody with experience or successful implementation to chimp in with comment or post links to some examples.

What I would like to do is:

1. Sell through Squarespace eCommerce
  2. Have a 3rd party company's printing and fulfilment service hooked up completely transparent to buyer (eg. user never leave my Squarespace site)
  3. Preferably the printing and fulfilment company delivers products worldwide ( I am not located in US)
    1. Not interested in digital downloads

Thank you

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can sign up with fineartamerica.com which will do all the printing and shipping and you can use the FAA shopping cart widget which you can embed on your site, like I did here:

http://www.livingwithpictures.com/industrial-memory2

There are supposed to be coming updates to the site and possibly also to the shopping cart widget to make it more flexible....

What you can also do is use fotomoto.com like I did for the images in my blogposts:

http://www.livingwithpictures.com/new-blog/

When I installed fotomoto it didn't work on all squarespace themes and it only works with gallery images and I found that sometimes the buy buttons don't show but it's a free ( they take a percentage of each sale ) widget so... ( there's also a paid account if you want to sell frames and such, but for that I use the FAA widget ).

If you want to use the squarespace e-commerce then you have to order with a lab yourself and then let the lab dropship the prints to your customer...

Sean,

The image links to a page which has the i-frame code for the shopping cart on it ( by adding it to a code block ). By default the shopping cart shows all images but you can customize the code a bit to only show one image from which you can then link to like I did. Here's a thread on FAA about the cart, in the 9th last post is my explanation of how to have the i-frame code with only one image:

http://fineartamerica.com/showmessages.php?messageid=1144598

• 1 year later...

Use Fotomerchant instead - its a fully integrated display and fulfillment engine designed specifically for what you want.

Squarespace is too limited for what you are after.

I moved my site to fotomerchant and it works like a dream and they are improving their templates going forward.

paintedbythesun.com

the editing engine is not as good but with the recent release of custom CSS there is now enough flexibility to get a truly great website operational with photographer fulfillment integration.

For example I shoot rodeo and campdrafts locally - provide a capability to download small digital copies for free but provide fulfillment options to customers - as a hobbyist this platform is perfect given SQSPs weakness in this area

Archived