How can I see my options for different templates?

I've previously made sites on Squarespace in Version 7.0, and been happy with the results. I've just purchased new domains and realized too late that the Version 7.1 interface no longer allows me to try out different templates. 

This sucks. How do I try out different templates now, especially given that I strongly dislike the one I've got? I want to see different design ideas quickly - and I can't find a single way to do it now. I've looked through these forums and not found any solutions either, beyond "start a new trial" - is this the only way? That's awful, obviously.

Secondly, I've got all these options for "selling, marketing, contact, analytics, scheduling" - none of these are features I need. Why are they there?

Any help anyone can provide would be great. I signed up again to set up a good-looking site quickly - but I feel locked into an ugly site with no obvious way to fix it. 

18 hours ago, ThisIsFrustrating said:

I've just...realized too late that the Version 7.1 interface no longer allows me to try out different templates. I've looked through these forums and not found any solutions either, beyond "start a new trial" - is this the only way?

Unlike version 7.0, All Squarespace 7.1 sites have the same features, so the concept of "switching templates" doesn't exist. Your research is correct: you'll need to start a new trial when you want to try a different design pattern 🙂.

18 hours ago, ThisIsFrustrating said:

Secondly, I've got all these options for "selling, marketing, contact, analytics, scheduling" - none of these are features I need. Why are they there?

Feel free to ignore the features that you don't want to use. The Squarespace platform has expanded in recent years, meaning there are now many more options available for you to explore including Commerce, Email Campaigns and Acuity Scheduling.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance