Uploaded a custom font, it is far thicker than it should be. Help?!

Hey guys,

So for my website I uploaded a custom font with the code, but both times I tried uploading it it is like it has a thick border around it. It looks so fat that it is almost unrecognisable as the actual font that I have branded. I was really hoping someone on here might have some experience with something like this and can offer me some wisdom as to how to solve this problem?!

The website is www.therevolutionis.love, the font is called Compacta (it's the font on the home page that says "SPREAD THE LOVE DRIVE THE CHANGE" and the code i'm using is:

@font-face {
    font-family: Compacta;
    src: url(https://static1.squarespace.com/static/633b78057731ff37e25d7047/t/65d821438844a67aa74b1103/1708663108126/compacta.ttf);
} h1, h2, h3, h4 {
    font-family: 'Compacta';
}

Any help would be so greatly appreciated ❤️

jacob

Edited by TRiL
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@TRiL this heading is currently bolded, try remove that first. If it's still too thick, it's likely you've got the font weight for headings set higher in Site Styles. You can check that by going into Site Styles > Fonts > Headings and adjusting the weight. Unless you override the font weight in CSS when you upload a font, it will take this part of the style from here.

If this helped you, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly 👆

Cass Aggett is a Squarespace website designer for go-getting women – no matter what stage of business.

WEBSITEINSTAGRAM