Accepting Credit/Debit Payments via Paypal without account

Hi

I created this site last year - www.ellanvannincandles.com, and setup ecommerce linking to the client's PayPal account.

When I set this website up, a user could pay with a debit/credit card via PayPal without having an account. This feature seems to have been disabled? Hopefully someone can confirm this isn't the case? Can someone suggest how my client can accept debit/credit card payments?

Unfortunately, using Stripe as the payment processor isn't an option due to being on the Isle of Man.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, studiocooper said:

I created this site last year...linking to the client's PayPal account.

When I set this website up, a user could pay with a debit/credit card via PayPal without having an account. This feature seems to have been disabled? Hopefully someone can confirm this isn't the case?

If PayPal is the only payment processor connected to the site, customers without a PayPal account must now open one to pay. They can then use credit or debit cards saved to their PayPal account to make payment. It is no longer possible for customers to enter credit or debit card details directly at checkout unless Squarespace Payments (currently US only) or Stripe is connected. That said, I appreciate that businesses based in a British Crown Dependency (like the Isle of Man) are not currently supported by these.

I wish I had better news for you @studiocooper.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance