Filtering posts in blog page versus summary blocks

Hi, our site is on 7.0 as we work through the swap to 7.1 (there are many issues with styling and display in the 7.1 preview that I need to work through/seek help with). We want to add product testimonials to our site in the meantime, but 7.0 does not have an easy way to do this. Everyone seems to recommend creating testimonials as a blog post. The problem is, on our blog page, I don't know how to filter out the testimonial posts from other 'actual' blog posts. I do not want the testimonials to be displayed with the other posts. I only want to add 3-4 to our homepage and product page. In summary blocks, I can see you can filter by category, e.g. 'testimonial', but it's the blog page content I want to filter. There doesn't seem to be a way to manage this.

Does anyone know how to select only certain blog posts for a blog page rather than showing all posts? Or can anyone suggest a solution? I'm not a developer or experienced with custom code, so the solution needs to be part of the existing functionality or a simple code change  🙂  Thank you.